The latest bout of bitterness coming our way from Celtic (and their new SPL pals) bloggers is mind-blowing!
I kid you not
Rangers FC yes us urchins in Division 3 of the SFL
Are seemingly getting preferential treatment
Sky TV showing too many of our games?
Teams lying down to us?
Nope on both counts
I need a wee think
What has got those who are obsessed with the Rangers into a laver this time?
Seems we are being provided grade 1 refs for division 3 fixtures
Check the Scottish Football Monitor Website and posts by Celtic bloggers
( i am sure Bill McMurdo blogged about SFM a wee while back and warning of their credentials or lack of them)
According to the great and the good on this imbalanced site
It is wrong and it has to stop now (any dissenters in the comments section shouted down by the way)
Look through a wider segment of their site
Not so long ago
This shower of bandits were posting how they were not RCT2
And wanted to welcome Gers fans on to discuss matters Scottish football
Now they are up in arms cause we got Willie feckn Collum to ref one of our games
Bitterness is the word
Oh yes throughout it all propelled by some chap called “auldheid”
He goes wider though in his allowed post
The same old chestnut he spouts
– Those who we obsess about have no history
– They are a new club
– They should not be in the SFA (well not professional ranks anyway)
(you know – the 3 years in junior football scenario on account of no published accounts)
Moving on key players through the post and in comments section then get a doing
Rotten to the core SFA / SPL (DONCASTER NOT INTERESTINGLY CLUB CEOs )
the Pro Rangers faction
The dark lords (i would use better descriptors but my Harry Potter is a bit off)
Campbell Ogilvie and Jim Ballantyne (Chairman of Airdrie United) conspirators extraordinaire
Even HMRC are in cahoots with us
Fantasy Island indeed
Interestingly all these anti Rangers bloggers and posters like auldheid have something in common with us
To be fair
They do claim to want an enquiry of the Rangers scenario too
Covering two primary points
1. A full explanation about the circumstances and supporting rationale that justified the 5 point agreement that allowed The Rangers entry into Scottish Football at the lowest senior professional level and confirmation that agreements have been or are being met.
2. A full explanation about the circumstances including dates surrounding the award of a UEFA Club licence to Rangers in spring/summer of 2011 when there was unpaid social tax that prime facie did not meet the conditions for deeming the granting of a licence acceptable under the UEFA FFP rules on unpaid tax (the wee tax bill).
– did we not make a whopping profit in season 2010 / 11? why let the facts get in the way mind
So do feckin we
Brothers in arms?
So why do they not just sign our petition instead of trying cheap tricks to minimise the signature numbers we are generating?
I am sure these questions can be incorporated into the petition review we seek
Seriously (and this is why Jim Traynor’s opinion piece was most welcome tonight)
As all this comes to a head I feel there are a number of things Rangers need to do and quickly
1. They need to get a definitive status once and for all
On whether or not the current team we support is indeed the same club we supported through the ages
Put an end to this old co new co nonsense
Does the Nestle Kitkat (see post script to this post) scenarios actually hold true
2. Sort out the SPL EBT independent tribunal and the laughable prima facie status held against them just now
A status reached of course by Celtic lawyers Harper McLeod
3. Agree a strategic plan (which I am sure they have in place or are formulating) for challenging SFA / SPL/ SFL (and who ever else)
If and when the following circumstances come to the fore
– HMRC refused opportunity to appeal the EBT big tax case ruling
– Criminal charges are upheld in the Craig W takeover and running of Rangers (said take over deemed to be illegal)
– the liquidation process with BDO is concluded
– TV and sponsorship agreements are being finalised in Scottish Football under the new single governance structure proposed
and finally pt 4) seek aggressive and coordinated application out of Scottish Football
On the basis that there is irreconcilable breakdown in relationship and trust between ourselves and senior officials /clubs in Scotland
On this possibly we do need some lobbying and unique support from FIFA and /or EUFA
Surely we have enough evidence to garner favour from the powers in Switzerland to carry this through
Either that or we pray for Catalonia to get independence from Spain
Barca and Real Madrid in different leagues would soon get EUFA thinking now would it not?
Post script on Kitkat
“I post this as a Rangers employee and someone who has obviously followed this story very closely throughout. The issue of whether Wiki persevere with their current Rangers page or start a new one is one they quite frankly shouldn’t be putting themselves through.
As someone said to me the other day, a Kit Kat was still a Kit Kat when Rowntree’s was bought over by Nestle and production of the chocolate bar continued. It still used the same ingredients and tasted exactly the same, thus nobody talked of it being a new product. By the same token, Rangers is still the same football club which was formed in 1872 and it is simply the case that its holding company has changed.
Rangers were previously owned by Rangers Football Club plc, which was formed in 1899 and will soon be liquidated. Rangers is now owned by Sevco Scotland Ltd, which will shortly become The Rangers Football Club. It might be a new company which owns the club but the club itself is still the same one. It will still turn out a team which plays in blue called Rangers and which plays at Ibrox Stadium. The manager is still the same, as are most of the staff minus some of the playing squad from last season. Crucially, the club’s history has been retained in the same way as the histories of clubs such as Middlesbrough and Leed United were retained when they went through ‘newco’ situations.
Due to the nature of Glasgow’s ‘goldfish bowl’ environment, half the city is trying to push the belief Rangers is a brand new club while the other half argues against such a notion. The fact is it’s still exactly the same club it has been for the last 140 years but it is owned by a different company now to the one which owned it for the last 113 years, some 27 years after the club itself was formed.”